Sunday, December 16, 2012

Week of 16 December-Week 15

Good Evening,

First, I must say thank you to the parent community. I have never seen so much food during last week's Teacher Appreciation Day. This was greatly appreciated and really provided a time for staff to take a few moments to come together. This created such a feeling of celebration...thank you.

I want to extend a "hats off" to Jill Hire, our Drama teacher. The Peter Pan production was a huge success and it was great to see so many students on stage participating with big smiles on their faces.

Last week we had many assemblies and interruptions to our usual schedule. As a result, students did not have their usual ZAP Advisory in order to communicate with you about missed assignments. We will have one ZAP day this week to get everyone pointed in the right direction prior to the break.

Lastly, I want to extend a sincere thank you to all of you for your patience and kindness to me as I have settled in this semester. Not to sound too much like a cliche..but I truly love being at ACS and love each day working with the students. You have wonderful kids and I feel quite fortunate in having the opportunity to work with your children. I learn from them each day, feel privileged to share in their joys, and stress with them over their sorrows. Thank you for the opportunity to be a part of the lives of your children.

Enjoy time with family and friends during this holiday season. And, safe travels. We will miss the students while they are away and will look forward to their return.

Rhonda Isley
MS Principal
risley@acsamman.edu.jo