Sunday, January 12, 2014

Week of January 12

Good Evening,

I hope everyone has enjoyed the long weekend. I know we all like a nice holiday, but.....I must say I am glad we can now get back into a routine and just focus on students and their learning for a bit!

I will be away all this week attending workshops on creating Standards Based Report Cards and a workshop on the Common Core Standards that have been adopted. And, as I said, we are really wanting to get everyone back into their routines so....only a few upcoming dates to be aware of:

  • Mark your calendar.... Jan 21 will be our next Family Connection Chat. The topic will be: Social Media....what are the kids using and the impact (good and bad) social media can have.  
  • We have been encouraging students to speak with their teachers if they are behind on any of their assignments....the end of the quarter is quickly approaching--23 Jan. Please help us remind students of this important responsibility in the communication process.
  • The StuCo has rescheduled their "Santa's Blizzard" dance that was previously scheduled for before the holiday to 23 Jan. StuCo is also working on rearranging Spirit Week--more info on that will come out as they complete their plans.
In honor of the upcoming PTG Book Fair, I came across this short article summarizing a recent study about the value of reading fiction on long term brain activity and development. I thought you might be interested so please see link below:


Enjoy your evening.